We are delighted to share news of achievements by our past and present award holders and hope it will encourage eligible candidates to apply for Study Award Grants. This list demonstrates the potential of what can be achieved when help and financial support is given at a crucial stage of their development.
Current Award Holders
Samuel Stopford –
- Awarded Second Prize in the 2022 RAM Richard Lewis/Jean Shanks Award.
- Awarded HRH Princess Alice’s Prize for Exemplary Studentship and the Edna Bralesford Vocal Prize.
Jacob Phillips –
- Performing Maurillo in Rigoletto for Opera Holland Park 2023.
- Performing First Mate in Billy Budd at the George Enescu Festival 2023.
Alexia Dafni Eleftheriadou –
- Awarded the RAM Musicians’ Company Harriet Cohen Bach Prize 2023.
Daniel Stroud –
- Awarded a place on the Tunnell Trust Recital Scheme
Flo Plane –
- Member of Lumas Winds, who were given the Tunnell Trust Award.
Adam Lee –
- On trial for Principal Clarinet at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden and with the RSNO and BBC SSO for Associate Principal Clarinet and Sub-Principal Clarinet respectively.
- Recent solo appearances include concertos with the RCM Philharmonic, performing James MacMillan’s Ninian, and with the Ayrshire Symphony Orchestra, and John Veale’s Clarinet Concerto.
- Appointed to the Board of the National Youth Orchestras of Scotland in 2022.
Percussion and Timpani
Elliott Gaston-Ross –
- Awarded the Yamaha Music Europe Foundation Scholarship 2023.
Past Award Holders
Innocent Masuku –
- Became an ENO Harewood Artist in 2022.
- Performing El Remendado in Carmen, Gastone in The Dead City with the ENO 2023.
- Covering in Blue at the ENO 2023.
- Performed Leonard Meryll in The Yeomen of the Guard and The Spirit of the Masque in Gloriana with ENO 2022.
Michael Lafferty –
- Winner of André-Bachand Prize for Canadian Song at the CMIM Competition 2022.
- Performing 1st Officer in Poulenc’s Dialogue des Carmelites with Glyndebourne Festival Opera 2023.
Patrick Keefe –
- Winner of First Prize in the Richard Lewis/Jean Shanks Award.
- Awarded Second Prize in the Pavarotti Prize.
- Became a Jerwood Young Artist at Glyndebourne covering Dr. Malatesta and performed The Notary in Don Pasquale.
- Awarded the John Christie Award at Glyndebourne.
- Performed Il Conte in Le Nozze di Figaro for Glyndebourne on Tour.
- Covering in both Carmen for ENO and for Sir Bryn Terfel in Gianni Schicchi for the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic.
Stephanie Hershaw –
- Making debut as Romilda in Handel’s Xerses at the Landestheater Detmold in February 2023.
Jonas Stark –
- Winner of First Prize at the Hong Kong International Piano Competition
- Awarded Special Prize at the ARD International Piano Competition in Munich
Joseph Skypala –
- Principal Trial at the BSO and work with the LPO.
- A member of Natrio, winners of the Brass Chamber Prize at RAM in 2022.
Polly Bartlett –
- Principal Trial at the Royal Ballet Sinfonia.
- Performed as Guest Principal Oboe with English National Opera, Royal Northern Sinfonia and the World Orchestra for Peace.